Monday, February 11, 2008

In the Mood for Love


Regular readers of this blog may also be readers of Song by Toad. If not, you really should check out Matthew's excellent blog. This is general advice, but especially just now as he's just finished a great series on soundtracks. My motives for mentioning this are partisan, because I contributed an piece to the series on one of my favourite films - Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood for Love, which you can read here. But you're well advised to check out the whole series (this link takes you to the final post, but there are links to all the others at the end).

This of course explains why I'm posting a Nat King Cole song, just in case you've come from The Hype Machine and you're wondering why such a track is on The Daily Growl. There's another reason too - I like Nat King Cole. This is a version of Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps, from his Spanish language songs. Like I said in the other post, it's best appreciated in the context of the film, so do yourself a favour and rent it soon. It's amazing.

Download: Nat King Cole - Quizas Quizas Quizas

Buy the soundtrack to In the Mood for Love.



No comments: