Friday, July 27, 2007

More Eastern goodies


OK, this is the last Rough Trade East post, I promise. I don't want you getting bored by me going on about it, but I am quite excited about the whole thing, even though it'll take me some time to feel comfortable with the new setup.

Anyway, I went down again last evening and though things had moved on a bit since Monday, it was still not quite finished. Still, give 'em a bit more time and things should be smoother. The sight of all these new Technics turntables laid out on various counters for vinyl listening purposes is a joy to behold though.


It was a lot busier than Monday, but maybe that had something to do with the presence of New Young Pony Club in the building, who I think were playing an instore later. Which brings me to the other very exciting news about the shop - the instore gig line-up. Catch a load of this (more details on their website):

Mon 6 August: Richard Hawley
Tue 7 August: Prinzhorn Dance School
Wed 8 August: The Ghost Frequency
Tue 14 August: Trouble Records v Rough Trade Party (including Crystal Castles and Health!)
Thu 16 August: Merok Records v Rough Trade Party (featuring The Teenagers)
Tue 21 August: Foals
Wed 22 August: Operator Please + Metronomy
Tue 28 August: Cajun Dance Party + Lethal Bizzle
Mon 3 Sept: Shychild
Tue 4 Sept: The Go! Team
Wed 5 Sept: Black Lips

Yaay! What a start! This is only the beginning too...

This post also gives me a final excuse to post another record I just found in my 7 inch collection which was put out by For Us Records, the label that used to be run by Rough Trade Shops. It's by Polyester, which I think was just one Swedish guy with an evidently big love for the Beatles and West Coast surfing music. The whole four songs are unashamedly retro, but are marvellous little things. Here are two choice nuggets.



Download: Polyester - Anytime
Download: Polyester - Halfway to the Sun


1 comment:

jamila FUCKING DANCE said...

that is some kickarse instore line up!