Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am one


Happy birthday to me. No, not my real birthday – that was last month. No, today is the first birthday of The Daily Growl. On 22 November 2005, I set me up a Blogger account and started typing. My posts on that day didn’t actually amount to much, but the next day I launched into what would be the shape of things to come, with a review of Kristin Hersh.

Actually, I started off with broader intent. I had originally wanted to write about three things I love – music, film and London. Over the months, the latter two have mostly fallen away, and The Daily Growl has become a music blog with added mp3s. Maybe that’s a good thing. I’ve enjoyed it anyway. It’s given me an outlet to talk about the music I love, and new discoveries I’ve made. And I hope I’ve introduced a few readers to some good stuff that they’ve enjoyed too.

So all that remains is for me to think of what tracks to post. I’ll keep it obvious. What more obvious than a song called Birthday. And since I’ve named my blog after a certain Lambchop song, it feels appropriate to post it as well.

Here’s to another year. Now I’m off to eat that muffin (yep - the one in the picture).

Download: Sugarcubes – Birthday
Download: Lambchop – The Daily Growl

Buy Lambchop's masterful Is a Woman.

3 comments:

Distance Has The Way said...

Happy Birthday !

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Growl!!

you really should have posted the smashing pumpkins classic I Am One!!

dannucanoe

Anonymous said...

hey, congrats! here's to another year of great music and musings.