Monday, October 16, 2006

Autumn


The weather in London's been so temperate lately that I've not really though of it as being autumn. None of that classic seasonal morning chill in the air yet. So it came as a bit of a surprise to me to look out of my window on Saturday and see the tree outside was well on the way to losing its leaves. My first real sign of autumn. Then it got me thinking. Autumn songs. Here are some songs for autumn. Or at least songs with autumn in the title. A lazy post maybe, but the tunes are good at least.

Download: Coldcut - Autumn Leaves (Irresistable Force Remix)
Download: Lambchop - Autumn's Vicar
Download: Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater
Download: Devendra Banhart - Autumn's Child
Download: Roddy Frame - Autumn Flower
Download: The Flaming Lips - My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion

4 comments:

QuarBy said...

lambchop. fantastic.

Anonymous said...

how about john stirratt's (wilco) band, 'the autumn defense'?

The Daily Growl said...

And there's always 'Autumn Goodbye' by Britney Spears!

Loulabelle44 said...

The Autumn Leaves link seems to have expired.

Could it be updated?