Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Belated Half-Year Review

Just as I was early with my best of June, so I'm a wee bit late with my half-year review. Oh well, I've been on holiday, so I've got an excuse. This is the ideal way to ease my way back into music blogging. I've not got much time, so no detailed comment - just lists of tunes 'n' stuff. Roughly in order of merit. Which of these will be there are the end of the year? Enjoy.

Songs of the year so far

1. Camera Obscura – Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken

2. Primal Scream – Country Girl

3. Lily Allen – LDN

4. Gnarls Barkley – Crazy

5. Hot Chip – And I Was a Boy From School

6. The Pipettes – Judy

7. M Craft – You Are The Music

8. Flaming Lips – Yeah Yeah Yeah Song

9. The Raconteurs – Steady as She Goes

10. The Knife – Marble House

Albums of the year so far

1. Hot Chip – The Warning

Download: And I Was A Boy From School

2. Camera Obscura – Let's Get Out of This Country

Download: False Contender

3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Show Your Bones

Download: Cheated Hearts

4. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins – Rabbit Fur Coat

Download: Born Secular

5. Mogwai – Mr Beast

Download: Glasgow Mega-Snake

Gigs of the year so far


1. Tilly and the Wall / Emmy the Great @ Buffalo Bar (19 Feb)

2. Richard Hawley / Micah P Hinson @ Shepherd's Bush Empire (18 May)

3. TV on the Radio / Celebration @ ULU (15 May)

4. Calexico @ The 100 Club (5 April)

5. Be Your Own Pet/ Rogers Sisters @ ULU (21 April)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

great song list, thanks a lot. Please listen to Gnarls Barkley's "Smiley Faces", too.

e.g. at
http://popdrivel.blogspot.com/2006/07/gnarls-barkley-does-exist.html

Greetings from Germany,

Martin