Friday, February 10, 2006

My new favourite band...

...for today anyway, are Polysics!

Surfing through the blogosphere the other day I was shaken out of my torpor after accidentally stumbling across The Wild Ones . The frantic energy of their perky electro punk-pop put a big grin on my face. How come I'd never heard of these guys? Since then I've found quite a few tracks via Hype Machine - most notably on tmwsiy* who posts three songs off their new album - not out in the UK till April (in US on Feb 21).

I can imagine that they're pretty amazing live - but their UK tour was as recently as November, so maybe not any time soon. Then I hear that they're to open for none other than the Kaiser Chiefs on their upcoming enormodrome tour. Let's hope all these kids arriving early for Ricky Wilson and co. get suitably blown away (and the headline act themselves get blown away!). And let's hope they manage the odd date of their own while they're in the country...

No comments: